Friday, July 27, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

1. I found 7 Quick Takes Friday on conversiondiary.com and really liked the idea, so voila!- here it is! I think it will be a great way to keep track of what is flying through my mind and life on a weekly basis.

2. I learned yesterday that my company, well, the company I worked for before I spent much time on a lengthy medical leave due to a broken hip and then various other hospital malfunctions, is having a work picnic next Friday. I texted a friend to see if she was going (I originally thought it was going to be today) and she asked if I'd like to go. YES! was my reply!

3. Carole sent me a text to tell me that Stifano, Sara and Anne's beloved hamster died today. He was such a sweet little pet, Sara had him since December. They are burying him tomorrow.

4. I learned today that a friend's phone number is disconnected, and that is a HUGE reason my texts weren't replied to. I feel sorta stupid because I have been texting him for the past two months, not receiving a word back, and thinking it's because he dislikes me now. I can dismiss that thinking, with pleasure! I hear he does have the origami animals I gave him on his desk still. That, to me, is a very good sign.

5. I got my hair cut today! It's very short again -and quite cute! Carole took me where she and the girls go, Our Salon, on 5 Mile. It cost $14. Carole said she just may color it herself to save me some money. Kristie told me about a hair coloring foam that is out now that cuts down on mess!

6. I went to a new doctor this week who is going to put a fistula in my arm for dialysis. My surgery is Wednesday, August 26. I'm a bit nervous because I'm afraid of how it's going to look. I should be happy for the extra years kidney dialysis is giving me. I had one fistula put in back in October but it just didn't take. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this one will.

7. My health is wacking me out in other ways -strange sleep schedules, I haven't driven since January, my leg muscles are weak and I move across the floor with a walker, I'm afraid of going up and down the stairs on my own, my rear still hurts where I had my bed ulcer surgeries, my stools are extremely soft -but not diarrhea. My health has got me stuck in this condo alone all day and all night long. It's lonely, it's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment