Friday, August 3, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

1. Attended CSS summer picnic today with Betty and her cousin Maria. I was soooo looking forward to seeing Keith but he had already come and gone, just like Josh. Betty had made a very good spaghetti salad to bring. On the way over we stopped at Michael's Party Store to bring some frozen drinks. I had the strawberry daiquiri. It was so good to see friends who like me again -Heidi, LaRhonda, Carmelita? I want to get back to work -if for any other reason, just to be near Keith again.

2. Karen texted me to let me know that Aunt Gayle is entering hospice this week. She had complications with pneumonia last week.

3. My car is still at Carole's, and it needs a battery. I really want my car back so I can drive to close-by places again, like the library, the movies, restaurants, even work to visit.

4. Been watching the Olympics on TV, basically because there is nothing better to watch. This year they are in Londos, and Michael Phelps is doing quite well -even broke the record of obtaining the most medals in the Olympics for anyone ever. Watching the Olympics bores me, watching any sports on TV bores me, but what else s there to do when you're stuck at home with no car?

5. I've been having fun playing Word For Friends, and Draw Something with Kristie, Anne, Catherine and Tina. This IPad is way cool! I also have fun on solitaire, jigsaw puzzles, and Family Feud.

6. Carole comes over every other day to change the dressing on my bereavement. My home health aid once told me it would take about 5 months to totally heal -which would be October. My doc did give me freedom to go back to work. My only fear is that my leg muscles are too weak for walking without my walker outside of my building.

7. I just really wish I had a replacement phone number for Keith. His old number is disconnected and I really wish texting him, but really with feeling how I feel now I would find the guts to call rather than merely text. I asked Heidi what he's been up to and she said "Just work." Oh please, doesn't she ever talk to him? I gotta get back to talk to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment